It is our priority to consider all the risks involved to your organization and your attendees and provide legitimate, factual information to help you make the best decisions possible.
While there are currently no travel warnings “within the country” in the United States, we recognize corporations are implementing internal travel plans that could impact your event.
According to the CDC, “For the majority of people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low.” Read more.
JOHNS HOPKINS COVID-19 DAILY TRACKER UPDATE
As of March 9, 2020, here are some facts reported from Johns Hopkins University:
- What is not widely reported and should be highlighted is that there have been 62,375 recoveries already out of the 111,363 confirmed cases worldwide.
- That is more than half confirmed cases.
- 80% of all cases reported are MILD.
- The most vulnerable are elderly, people with chronic illnesses or compromised immune systems (children have not been widely impacted).
There is massive confusion as to whether or not force majeure can be applied to meetings canceling in the United States. The top questions we are seeing pertain to a declared state of emergency and corporate travel bans.
It is important to understand that a state of emergency provides federal funding, resources and has no direct impact on curtailment of travel. If flights are landing in a state and hotels are open for business, force majeure does not apply. The same follows suit for corporate or organizational travel bans.
HPN Global is committed to taking any necessary steps to support our clients through this conversation with creative solutions for all involved to mitigate expenses.
We are here to support our clients and all industry partners through this challenging time.
Here are our suggestions to be proactive:
- Communicate to attendees. What are you doing to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and other infectious diseases in your home, workplace, and events?
- Prepare and consider the communication and marketing pieces you are putting into place to ease the concerns of attendees.
- Support issues for attendees that arise on-site, whether you are the planner or the hotel, you should have a proactive plan in place.
SUPPORT FOR YOUR EVENT
As a token of our commitment, we are providing you with a step-by-step resource to help manage pre-planning concerns and provide a plan while on site.
RELOCATING YOUR EVENT
Consider all things involved with continuing your event, including the cost of cancellation and the cost to reproduce it. If hosting your event on its intended date is not an option, we can help you “lift and shift”™.
“HPN Global is committed to helping our clients and partners navigate these uncertain times. We are working to find the best solutions and best outcomes for each event and for all those involved. We are aware of the full-scale impact this is having on our industry, and we remain available to you as a resource.”
– Bill Kilburg, CEO & Founder
Arm yourself with legitimate, factual information about COVID-19.
CDC travel guidances – Updates are ongoing so you have the most up to date information at all times.