Considering bringing your next meeting or event to Las Vegas but don’t know where to start? Not sure if Las Vegas is the right destination? The answer to this question is a resounding YES! Las Vegas is a dynamic city that has something to meet every need and budget. From your smaller more intimate events to large national conventions, this is the one city that can do it all!! There are plenty of good reasons to hold your event in Las Vegas, but I’ve limited them to these 10 key points: (source: LVCVA Statistics)
With more than 150,000 rooms, Las Vegas has the accommodations to meet every budget.
With more than 270,000 resort industry employees, you and your organization will experience the best convention experience in the world. As one of the top convention destinations, Las Vegas resorts host more than 21,000 meetings, conventions and incentive programs annually, ranging in size from 10 to over 150,000 attendees.
3. Increased Attendance
The attractiveness of the city generates strong attendance for meetings. On average, attendance increases 15 percent when conventions rotate into Las Vegas. Research also shows that attendees spend more time in meetings and on the trade show floor when programs are held in Las Vegas.
4. Meeting and Convention space
Whether you are looking for an intimate 200 sq. ft. boardrooms or need over 1million sq. ft. Exhibition space, Las Vegas can accommodate any size group. The city boasts over more than 10.7 million sq. ft. of exhibit space and is home to three of the country’s 10 largest convention venues. But It’s not only about the large conventions. The city has an army of professionals whose primary focus is booking meetings and conventions with less than 250 room nights on peak. This is over 60% of the convention base! The city is serious options for meetings of every size!
5. Airport location and Air lift
McCarran International Airport is conveniently located just one mile from Las Vegas Boulevard and 3.5 miles from the Las Vegas Convention Center. More than 150,000 hotel rooms are in Las Vegas, most within a 15- minute drive from the airport. With more than 950 inbound and outbound flights per day and nonstop service from 130-plus U.S. and international cities makes it easy on your time and budget
6. Amazing Weather
Year-round appeal: Las Vegas averages 320 days of sunshine per year and averages less than five inches of precipitation annually. This warm, dry climate is attractive for meetings throughout the year.
In many cases, the close proximity of Las Vegas hotels eliminates the need for transportation as delegates can walk to many destinations. When transportation is required, however, Las Vegas offers myriad of options including bus, taxi, shuttles and the country’s first automated monorail.
8. Culinary Options
There are few other cities in the world that are able to boast about the wide array of dining options available, from all-you-can-eat buffets to some of the finest restaurants in the world. Many of the great chefs have set up shop in Las Vegas restaurants, where patrons are consistently rewarded with great food. As a result, Las Vegas has options for every culinary taste and every Companies budget.
9. Area Attractions/Day tours
- 29 Golf Courses: Year around Golfing
- Mt. Charleston — 35 miles (56 km.) from Las Vegas, highest elevation 11,918 feet (3,615 meters), winter skiing, picnicking, hiking, horseback riding.
- Death Valley — 135 miles (216 km.) from Las Vegas, 40 minutes by plane, lowest elevation on North American Continent at 280 feet below sea level (84.93 meters),
- Grand Canyon — About 300 miles (480 km.) from Las Vegas, 1 1/2 hour flight by plane, helicopter tours available.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area – Just 25 miles (40 km.) from Las Vegas, more than 550 miles (880 km.) of shoreline, swimming, water skiing, camping, boating, fishing, six marinas, tours available.
- Hoover Dam — 34 miles (54.4 km.) from Las Vegas, 726 feet high (220.00 meters) from bedrock, wonder of the modern world.
- Red Rock Canyon –, just 15 miles (24 km.) west of Las Vegas, 3,000- foot (910 meters) escarpment produced by thrust fault. Hiking, sightseeing available.
- Valley of Fire State Park — 55 miles (88 km.) from Las Vegas, scenic landscapes of hidden canyons and unique rock formations, petroglyphs and remains of ancient Indian civilization.
10. And finally, Me! I am your Las Vegas specialist that will help you every step of the way! I have lived in Las Vegas for 37 years and have spent my entire career working in the Hospitality Industry locally. I have spent the past 17 years specifically focused on the Convention Sales Segment, working for one of the top Hospitality and Gaming Companies in the world. I’m eager to put my years of experience and extensive connections to work for you and your organization. I am your eyes and ears and want to help to de-mystify booking meetings and conventions of every size into this great city! I’m just a phone call away!
VP of Global Accounts