1. Offer a big-ticket raffle drawing – if you book inside the block you will be entered in the raffle to win….name the item. Announce the winner on social media and year after year attendees will be interested in entering to win.
2. Charge higher registration fees to those booked outside of block. This takes a little more effort on the clients’ part. They will need to collect hotel names at the registration desk. If attendees are not reserved at an official hotel,
4. Offer coupon booklet or sheet to those attendees that book at official hotel. Engage with city or CVB to see they already have a discount program in place or if they can develop a customized sheet with discounts for local restaurants and attractions.
5. Negotiate low cost hotel incentives to advertise to attendees – by staying in the official group hotels, you will receive free high-speed internet, free health club, welcome reception and the exclusive group rate.
6. Talk up the hotels – location is convenient, you will be able to network in the hotel lobby or restaurants with your peers (attendees and exhibitors).
7. Add a disclaimer on housing materials educating attendees on the importance of staying at the official hotels-keeps registration expenses low and supports the group to be able to offer the best hotel rates.
8. Use Passkey Event Connector to connect the group’s registration software to Passkey housing. This will automatically take attendees to the Passkey housing site. Reports can be run to show who has registered for the event but who has not booked accommodations. HPN Housing will send out email campaigns encouraging them to book.
HPN Global partners with Passkey to offer a streamlined and automated housing process.
If you have any questions, please reach out to:
Brandee Johnson, Director of Housing and Registration firstname.lastname@example.org
480-998-9770 Ext: 211